This is a hands on senior level development role and would suit someone who is keen to progress towards an Architecture role in the future. We are looking for Senior Java Developer with 3-6 years of development experience for a key role involved in the design and development of existing and new products related to our various hosted training solutions and cloud services.
- Participate in all phases of development from definition and design through implementation, debugging, testing and deployment to ensure all work is to the highest standards.
- Collaborate with a team of developers (including remote teams), test engineers, support and product stakeholders.
- Take ownership for component design, development and maintenance.
- Responsible for code reviews and technical quality standards within the project team.
- Carry out automated unit tests to ensure a high quality deliverable into QA.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experienced developer with broad understanding of all the components of a consumer facing web applications.
- Strong technical and communications skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of web applications.
- UI design experience.
- Experience with Subversion, Eclipse.
- Experience in UNIX environment.
- Experience in the web based learning/training solutions is a plus.
- Agile experience is a plus.